Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Design 571: 3D Modeling Visualization

This course is 3D design in Autodesk Maya, which is a really good modeling software for textures using bump and normal mapping and animations.

For our first project, we were to model a chair. My inspiration came from multiple sources so I'll just go ahead and show the results:



Next we were to design an exterior or interior space, which I chose an exterior space. My idea was kind of a modern castle house. In this one I used some bump mapping for the stones, concrete and pool tiles and the built in ocean shader for the water. Maya also has some neat paint effect that I used to create the mist and waterfall.



We are currently working on our third project, which is a revision of one of the first two, where I chose the second project. I'll be completing the landscape and more detail of the house and then have animation of a flyby of the house for the final project, which will come soon.

-amorgan

2 comments: